Subject: Re: Sun Fire X2100
To: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: port-amd64
Date: 08/07/2007 23:50:17
On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 02:38:24PM -0000, Andrew Ball wrote:

> Hello Geert,
>
>   GH> Here's a dmesg (GENERIC kernel with acpi and acpibut added).
>
> That was helpful.  It looks generally positive.  I think many of the
> devices that show up as not configured at acpi0 are recognised later on
> via more conventional means.  Do you notice any ill effect from other
> "not configured" devices?

I've only enabled acpibut(4), combined with powerd(8) so the server shuts
down properly when I press the button.  Furthermore I have the optional
IPMI board for remote management, but it isn't so great.  With NetBSD 4.x
you should be able to query some hardware sensors via the new ipmi(4)
driver but I haven't tested that yet.  I briefly tested NetBSD 4.0_BETA2
but quickly ran into lfs-related panics, but NetBSD 3.1 has been running
flawlessly.

	Geert