Subject: working motherboards
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/25/2007 09:13:29
Hi,

It's been a while since I posted so please take that into account.  I
have an asus A8N sli premium
mother board and amd 64 fx2 processor.  I think that ever since I
bought the board I have been
unable to use the 64 bit version of netbsd on it.  The 32 bit seems
to work, but the 64 bit version
gets stuck with lost interupt messages during boot and I never got to
install it.

The upshot of this is that I am interested in what are the
recommended/tested motherboards
for netbsd? I am tired of doing battle with non-useable/not-supported
hardware and want a
stable easy to use system.  I have learned my lesson about using
state of the art equipment
and stuff made by secretive manufacturers that won't cooperate with
users.

I apologize if this info is in some readme file that I haven't been
smart enough to read
thoroughly enough to glean the needed info.

If there is a list of what boards do not work or one that says which
ones DO work, it would
be helpful to avoid wasting effort.

BTW, if there is some testing to be done to work out what the faults
are with booting this
mb, I would be willing to invest some time as long as it won't be
wasted like my efforts have
been to this point.

Thanks for all the hard work you all have put into netbsd, as
although in recent time I haven't
been running it, I find it to be the cleanest and easiest to
understand and use/configure
compared to linux and M$ products.