Subject: Problems with Sunfire V20Z -- any suggestions?
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/26/2006 19:07:44
	Hello.  I see from this list that NetBSD-2.0 ran fine on a SunFire
AMD-64 based V20Z.  However, I cannot seem to get NetBSD-2.x, or 3.x to
boot on the one I have.
I've tried the  NetBSD-3.0 and NetBSD-3.0.1 boot floppies, including both
the  serial boot ones and the standard boot ones.  What I get is the disks
load, but when the kernel should start after reading the second floppy, the
machine appears to hang.
	I've ttried this with the console redirected through
the 9-pin serial port on the bak of the machine, and through the sp
management card.  Nothing seems to work.
	Anyone have any suggestions about what  might be wrong?
-thanks

P.S.  I'm not on this particular port list, so  if copies could be sent to
me directly, that would be great.
-thanks
-Brian