Subject: Re: Any hope for getting nForce 4 MoBo's working?
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/04/2006 20:18:00
Juan RP wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:48:07 +0200
> rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz> wrote:
>
>> paul@whooppee.com wrote:
>>> Now if only I can figure out how to get X started...
>> I have quite newish ATI graphic and had no luck with the "ati"
>> driver, but driver "vesa" works fine.
>
> If you have a "newish" ATI graphics card you should use the
> radeon driver not ati.

Thanks for the hint, but it's ATI X1600 and it's not supported by
XFree86 (by any ati - related native driver) 4.5.0 (this version is in
netbsd-4 branch) and from the website www.xfree.org I conclude it's not
supported by 4.6.0 either. The pkgsrc version of xorg X server is 6.9.0
and it also has no support for this card (7.0 also has no support and I
can't find the appropriate documentation for 7.1 release on their website).

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear on this in previous email.

r.