Subject: Re: Any hope for getting nForce 4 MoBo's working?
To: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
From: None <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/02/2006 12:39:12
Hmmmph, that seems to work a lot better now!  I just
whipped up a GENERIC_ACPI.MP and it got all the way
through booting, up to asking me what to use for a
shell!  :)

Now, I just gotta figure out how to build a iso-image
with this kernel and I should be ready to go.  Thanks
for the clue-by-four.

> Hi,
>
> paul@whooppee.com wrote:
> > I'm still having no luck at all with getting my ASUS
> > A8N5X motherboard
> > to boot and run in 64-bit mode.  It works fine in i386
> > 32-bit mode, but
> > continues to suffer from the viaide1:0:0 lost interrupt
> > syndrome.
>
> I've had the same problem with MSI K8N Neo4-FI. I was
> lucky - the BIOS  alowes to turn ioapic off. Then I
> realized that with an acpi-allowed  kernel I can let it on
> (the GENERIC kernel for amd64 has the "acpi0 at  mainbus0"
> line commented out (netbsd-4)) without problems.
>
> Regards,
>
> r.

Check your Email accounts at MyEmail.com

Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!