Subject: Re: Asus A8N5X Dual Proc Tinkering
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: None <tmdraney@cox.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/23/2006 12:59:17
FYI

After I got it working in this bizarre way I experimented with the different kernel configs and got it working with a normal bios setup with all my devices working and MP.  I turned on acpi, ACPI_SCANPCI and PCI_INTR_FIXUP in the kernel and now it all works in 4.0_Beta as of Wednesday.   The MPBIOS options are turned off.  Seems pretty stable.  I have built xorg and firefox from pkgsrc -current and it is pretty quick.  If I could figure out how to post my startup messages I would.  The only thing that will not build in the kernel is the linux32 option but that is not supposed to be complete from what I have read.  Thank you fvdl for SCANPCI.