Subject: "usbX: problem with device, disabling port X"
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/21/2006 21:37:44
This is what happens if I try to enable MPBIOS to use hyperthreading
on my intel D101Ggc motherboard.
Also, with the INSTALL kernels and sometimes with certain
configurations of GENERIC kernels, the interrupt routing is all
screwed up (fxp0 says that it needs the bug workaround when it doesnt,
disk performance is well under 1MB/s, etc, sound "skips").

I have tried all the *_FIXUP options, combinations of MPBIOS_SCANPCI
and ACPI_SCANPCI, enabling/disabling acpi, and nothing seems to make a
difference; if I enable MPBIOS, I have problems.

I think this may be related to using the APIC, as it says that APIC 4
is misconfigured and reassigns it to 0.  If anyone is interested in
helping me, I will send a dmesg (I can't paste it right now).

I'm at my wits end with this and really dont know what to do.  Of
course, I can just disable hyperthreading and MPBIOS/MULTIPROCESSOR,
but where's the fun in that? ;)  Plus, I like to solve problems on the
off chance I help find a bug.

--Blair