Subject: Re: 64bit compat_linux and matlab
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/19/2006 09:44:34
--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
=20
> I was wondering: what's the status of 64bit linux emulation?  Does that
> basically work or are there tweaks?  In particular, I'd be interested in
> running the new 64bit version of Matlab on NetBSD/amd64.  Anybody tried
> that?

I installed the 64bit version of matlab, but unfortunately it doesn't
seem to get anywhere.  It gets killed almost immediately with a Linux
SIGRT0.  A ktrace is available here:
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/matlab64.kdump

If anybody has any idea on how to get this to work, I'd appreciate any
pointers.  If I can't get the 64bit version of matlab to run, I'll
likely to have to convert a number of machines to lunix. :-/

-Jan

--=20
"The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character
attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79."

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--