Subject: Status of amd64 port
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: None <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/11/2006 21:04:12
OK, I got me a new motherboard with VIA chipset, since the
nForce4 chipset was causing so much grief.

Unfortunately, the VIA doesn't seem to do any better.  Using
an install CD for 3.99.17 (from end of March), if I turn off
the ACPI stuff I get a "locking against myself", and if I
turn
ACPI back on I get a "panic: trap".

Both of which immediately proceed to reboot the box, so I
didn't have a time to grab and copy down any extra stuff.

Is there any hope of getting the AMD X2 stuff working in
the near future?

And why is it that FreeBSD seems to have no trouble with
either of these systems?

Is there anything that someone like me can do to help?

Check your Email accounts at MyEmail.com

Login from home, work, school.  Anywhere!