Subject: Question on availability of software
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 06/30/2006 09:36:37
Hi,

In the last couple of days I have tried to build e.g. gnome and kde on
my amd64 machine. Building gnome fails at building poppler (check fails
on patching), building KDE fails at building Blender (undefined error).
Both not incidentally, but consistently. After advise from the
.netbsd.help group, I cvs-ed a few times. First from a .be, then from a
.de mirror. Still, it stops with the mentioned errors.
Looking through the various mirror-sites for amd64, I notice not all
packages have been built for amd64 and not all mirrors contain all packages.
So: are gnome and kde reliably tested (to build) on amd64? If yes, which
pkgsrc version (-current, -2006Q1, ?) should I use to build e.g. gnome
on my machine? Or should I not build them, but just install them using
pkg_add from an ftp-site? I tried to pkg_add firefox-1.5.0.4 just
moments ago, but though it lists it says it's not available (I copied
the link..).

Thanks for answers and advise,

Huub