Subject: kernel panics on Celeron EM64T
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa@altkom.pl>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/15/2006 18:27:12
Hi.
    I recently upgraded my PC to one of there new Celerons with EM64T
(is it supported at all?). It runs NetBSD/i386 very well. I didn't
experience single lock-up or panic since I upgraded. Unfortunately,
NetBSD/amd64 doesn't work very well on it. Under heavy load system often
crashes. For example like this:

fatal protection fault in supervisor mode
trap type 4 code 0 rip ffffffff8039e282 cs 8 rflags 10286 cr2
ffff80002478d000 cpl 0 rsp ffff8000256a4c30
panic: trap
syncing disks...

I tried 3.0 and -current (GENERIC and my own kernels) and it always
panics after few minutes of compiling.

dmesg: http://strim.aster.net.pl/workstation-ii-amd64.dmesg
config: http://strim.aster.net.pl/WORKSTATION-II

I can rebuild the kernel with DDB enabled. I'm no kernel hacker, but if
someone would be kind enough to explain me what should I look for, then
I could help fixing this.

I'd really like to use NetBSD/amd64. Any ideas?

--
Radoslaw Kujawa