Subject: Re: amd64 box on the way
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: None <murray@river-styx.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/21/2006 12:35:56
Hi all,
    I have a nForce4 motherboard on amd64 and I can tell you that my
experience is that the IDE controller works fine. However, my SATA II
is not operational. nForce4 is listed in viaide.c and I have been
looking around at OpenBSD and FreeBSD's srcs. FreeBSD at least has
more timing modes for this chipset. I have played with bits of the
OpenBSD stuff put into NetBSD src but to no avail yet. (The OpenBSD
ide stuff worked fine though) I split the nForce code out of viaide to
play with it better as OpenBSD routines are a bit different than
NetBSD's. eg interrupt handling) When I get time I will play with the
FreeBSD stuff in my split off nForce code. (Don't expect anything, my
time is not my time). I have noticed that the wdc drivers seems to
have some support for SATA II. I am eager to get this going, but I
would not describe my skills here as 'in the know'.

   Looking forward to seeing SATA II working....

Take care,
    Murray Armfield

PS: I am not on this list.