Subject: Re: Error building Arla
To: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Love_H=F6rnquist_=C5strand?= <lha@kth.se>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/15/2006 22:17:04
--=-=-=

Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com> writes:

>> The header file <sys/statvfs.h> is only pulled in when autoconf find it,
>> are you sure your headerfiles in /usr/include are in sync with the kernel
>> header files in /usr/src/sys ?
>> I think you have a /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h that is left over from
>> earlier installation and a new kernel source in /usr/src/sys that doesn't
>> have the header file.
>> Love
>>

> It looks like you're correct. Any idea about how I can change this?

You remove all files marked obsolete in the sets files, I guess there is
some good tool to do that. I usully just remove /usr/include before
unpacking the tar-balls.

> BTW, I saw a post somewhere telling that Kerberos 4 should be
> installed prior to installing Arla. Is this correct?

Arla needs a working libkafs/libkrbafs, both Heimdal and KTH-KRB provides
that library. All kerberos 4 dependant code, have been copied into arla, so
no need depending on libkrb.a for that reason.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--