Subject: Re: amd64pkg-3.0.iso available for testing
To: Francisco Valladolid Hdez. <ficovh@yahoo.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 01/07/2006 11:50:30
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Francisco Valladolid Hdez. wrote:
> ok, I downloaded the amd64pkg-3.0.iso
> I see that you are a gnome fan ... ;-)

Am I? why? (No, I'm not... if there were KDE pkgs, they'd be on the CD,
but there are none; and there are ~no gnome pkgs on the CD either, only
what's needed for dependencies)

> for my purposes, some packages are not included such
> as:
>
> sudo, this is the first program that download from
> pkgsrc when I install NetBSD.

Hm, I guess it can't hurt a lot to add that.

What I'm totally puzzled about is why there's no firefox on the CD.
It's listed in the READMe, it's also in the temp directory that's made to
create the CD, but i can't find it in. No idea what's happening there...
(And debugging this isn't so easy when the CD is on the other end of the
world with a tiny link to me)

On the other hand, qemu-system-x86_64 helps a lot testing this.

  - Hubert