Subject: Re: boot problem
To: Tim Jakobsen <tim@jakobsen.vg>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@mibh.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/11/2005 19:19:01
Tim Jakobsen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:44:49PM +0200, Klaus Klein wrote:
> > The reason for this is that at the time those releases were cut the
> > set list for the install image was missing the ffsv2 boot code.
> > This has been fixed since but wasn't requested to be pulled up
> > to the release branches.  I've just done so; in the meantime,
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2005/01/17/0031.html
> > to your sources in case you want to build them.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Does this mean that the iso's on the ftp server will be updated? or do I
> have to build my own sets/iso?

Speaking of the NetBSD 2.0.x releases, the relevant fix was applied to
the netbsd-2-0 branch a couple of minutes ago and will appear in 2.0.3.
As far as ISO images are concerned, those are usually created for release
distributions only, so in the meantime you'll have to build your own.

On the other hand, the 2.1 release is just around the corner (which
includes the fix as well), and I concur with Matthias in 2.1 likely
being more worthwhile.

- Klaus