Subject: Re: Newbie
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/25/2005 20:00:44
On Tue 23 Aug 2005 at 00:26:43 +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> it's Nvidia, company that's famous of not giving any information on their
> hardware, just binary drivers (with lots of bugs).

That's why I explcitly did not get a motherboard with an nVidia chipset
(closed companies should not be supported if at all possible) but with a
VIA one. Asus A8V Deluxe works fine with 2.0.2 except for the "SATA
RAID" controller which you don't need since the normal SATA controller
works fine.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.