Subject: Re: status and aims about Linux emulation
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/22/2005 21:50:07
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 06:04:49PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I guess fully working compat_netbsd32 would be needed. I have no idea how
> complete that is.

I think Hubert means the right thing here, but COMPAT_NETBSD32 is not
needed for emulating i386 (32bit) binaries on NetBSD/amd64. Basically the
same problems have to be solved and often common code can be used, but they
are different emulations.

In principle the emulation matrix should be complete, but there are white
spaces on it as people haven't invested their time yet (or there are no
interesting binaries to run, for example for sparc64 linux, so it is unlikely
people ever invest time).

Martin