Subject: Re: nvidia gig ether support
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak+news@dimebank.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/11/2005 17:46:27
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>
>> Is there some way to catch the boot messages? I don't seem to be able
>> to even use ^S. Are they also being spit out on the console port,
>> perhaps? It would be nice to see if the device is being probed, even
>> if not configured...
>

> kernel boot messages can be printed by dmesg(8), a copy of that output
> right after booting is usually kept in /var/run/dmesg.boot.
>

>  - Hubert

I'm working from the -current boot floppies. dmesg isn't there, nor is
there anything in /var/run ...

I'm afraid I don't know what's in the config file for the boot floppy. I
was assuming that it was GENERIC, which has sk/skc in it.

The DGE-350T and Linksys EG1032 are the only gig ether interfaces on the
shelf at my local store; they both seem to have the same chipset. Is
there some other one I should try ordering, that is known to work in the
amd64 port?

Thanks.