Subject: Re: 2.0.2 X server crashes with -current kernel
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Mehul N. Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 09/06/2005 10:15:21
Steven M. Bellovin said the following on 9/6/2005 10:02 AM:
> In message <431D9F8D.2070205@gmail.com>, "Mehul N. Sanghvi" writes:
>
>>Steven M. Bellovin said the following on 9/6/2005 12:03 AM:
>>

>>>Have you installed /usr/xsrc also?
>>>
>>>		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb
>>>

>>Is /usr/xsrc different from /usr/src/x11 ?
>>

> Yes; that's why I asked.
>
> /usr/xsrc is the X11 distribution.  /usr/src/x11 is the so-called
> "reach-over" build framework.  You have to have both.
>

> 		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

OK.  Thanks for the clarification.  This though, applies only to a
-current kernel.  It does not apply to a "released" kernel, yes ?
At least that is what I can make out from what I see on the FTP
site when I went to download what I thought I was missing :)

Sorry for the intrusion into the conversation, I'll now sit back
and watch for a while, having learnt something new for the day already.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi