Subject: Re: promise 20378
To: None <rwideman@gmail.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 07/18/2005 13:13:52
> Hello.  I recently tried to install NetBSD 2.02-AMD64 on my ASUS A8V
> Deluxe motherboard.  I was unsuccessful due to it not being able to
> recognize my RAID controller.  The motherboard has a Promise 20378
> controller.  Are there any plans to support this device?

Well, we have some support in the form of the "ataraid" driver,
and it was originally written for Promise controllers (though not
SATA versions of them, if that makes any difference).

I've taken a cursory look at the code, and must admit that I
don't understand offhand what might cause this not to probe in
your setup.

Regards,

- H=E5vard