Subject: install kernel hangs on scsi probe
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: port-amd64
Date: 05/18/2005 17:42:19
Salut ! :)

I've received today, for a limited amount of time (2 weeks) an HP xw9300
workstation (dual Opteron).

When I try to install NetBSD on it, it appears the SCSI bus works at best not at
all :) I have thousand of "command timeout" like this :

probe(mpt0:0:*:0) command time out
mpt0 recovered from command timeout.

Idem for mpt1. Idem for initial bus probe. Any probe takes forever (30 secondes)
between each LUN.  At some point, the disk sd0 and sd1 are detected, but then it
continues by timeouting when accessing sd0 and sd1.

It is as if the SCSI bus were clocked at one pulse/minute.

Of course, sysinst does not detect any valid disk, and quits.

Any clue ?

TIA !
Vincent

PS : mpt0 and mpt1are LSI Logic 53c1030, interrupting at ioapic0 and ioapic0 is
"at mainbus0, apid8, pa 0xfec00000, version 11, 24 pins" if that may help.