Subject: Re: Increasing VM limits
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 02/10/2005 12:27:36
Hi Wolfgang,

I see that you checked the changes in. I'm ambivalent about the whole
thing, but I guess this is the least sucky option for now. Although
there is actually an advantage to using mmap: at least it gives *some*
control over the placement of memory, whereas with malloc you're just
assuming that it is laid out in the traditional manner.

Speaking of layout.. have you tried defining __USE_TOPDOWN_VM in
amd64/include/vmparam.h and checking its effect? Do you still get
the sbrk kernel messages with that enabled?

- Frank