Subject: Re: gcc34 from pkgsrc won't build?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/27/2004 23:42:25
FWIW, I am in the midst of building gcc34, to compare with your
results.  I am presently in the midst of stage2, so I apparently
have got past whatever stopped you in stage1.

I don't remember exactly when I last updated pkgsrc, but it was
fairly recent (in the past week, I believe).

Also, if you have been using "make replace" or binary packages of
unknown vintage, you might try doing an update of the things that
gcc34 requires.

If you build from pkgsrc, update pkgsrc as a whole, and always
use "make update" (or something equivalent in terms of updating
old packages)...well, I tried.  (^&

I don't understand why Dave mentioned qmake.  My build is using
gmake, which is what I would expect.  (^&  Unless there was a
(very) recent at the GNU project to use qmake instead of their
own gmake that they've had for years...(^&

(As I now type this, the build is completely done.  No errors.
It's not installed, but I guess now that I have it built....)