Subject: Re: sk on ASUS K8V SE Delux
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/10/2004 11:32:00
David Brownlee wrote:
> Try the following diffs (assuming you have a copy any version of
> NetBSD checked out). Pullup 973 is queued for the 2.x branch, so
> 2.1 would be expected to have these fixes.
>
> cvs rdiff -kk -r1.10 -r1.11 src/sys/dev/pci/if_sk.c
> cvs rdiff -kk -r1.2 -r1.3 src/sys/dev/pci/if_skreg.h
> cvs rdiff -kk -r1.3 -r1.4 src/sys/dev/pci/if_skvar.h
>
> They fixed my ASUS K8V SE Delux board, though I'm running NetBSD/i386
> as its used as a tomcat (under linux java jvm) server.

Unfortunately the patch doesn't have the fix I was hoping for. The patch
applies nicely, but after making a new kernel, it still is recognised,
but working flaky.

I can get an IP to it with dhclient. I can use 'ping 10.0.0.1' to have
it pinging. However, before the pings start, it takes about five seconds
to display results.

With the old driver, the connection got lost after like 15 minutes.
Haven't had the change to test that yet, but the 5 second lag still
isn't OK.

Any more tips ?

Wouter