Subject: Re: Importing sk driver from -current to 2.0-release
To: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/08/2004 14:49:31
Stephen Degler wrote:
> At least one other person suggested that I submit this and another (sil 3112)
> patch for pullup into 2.0 release but I thought it was too late into the
> release cycle.  If it is not, I'll do just that.  Otherwise the patch should
> be trivial to apply.

How can I check if the new driver relies on -current kernel stuff or
other things that my 2.0 kernel doesn't have ?
Because if that's the case, it's gonna be a lot more work, right ?

Please see if you can get it to 2.0, because the current driver just
doesn't function the way it should.

If that's too late, are there simple intructions to read howto get the
patch and apply it The Right Way?

Wouter