Subject: Importing sk driver from -current to 2.0-release
To: None <port-amd64@NetBSD.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/08/2004 09:12:54
Goodmorning (for me at least :P) to all,

I'm a fresh rookie on the AMD64 platform. I recently purchased an asus
A8V board which includes onboard gbit capabilities.

I already read the thread "sk on ASUS K8V SE Delux" which was started by
Shin'ichiro TAYA for the very same problem. The conclusion was that the
driver had a major facelift after it had the opertunity to get into 2.0,
so 2.0 amd ships with a known broken driver.

Now the question arrises, is it possible to backport the -current driver
to a 2.0-release tree, make an iso and install that one, without too
much kernel hacking and all ?

Please comment on the idea.

Wouter Schoot