Subject: Re: Anyone using an Abit AV8 board?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 12/01/2004 08:56:23
Andy Ruhl wrote:
> I may have made a mistake with this motherboard, however. I have used
> Abit boards for years and I never thought twice about researching
> their reliability records before buying one. But it looks like I
> should have. There seem to be some problems with this board.
>
> I'm actually not able to find out, because I apparently got bad memory
> that I need to send back. I have NetBSD 2.0-Beta (from the iso)
> installed, but it doesn't run long before I get page faults
>
> Anyone have any notes on this board? Any problems in general?

Is there a particular part that causes problems? Page faults sounds like
bad memory to me (which you already found out), but maybe if the IDE
controller is flaky, it can cause such behaviour too. What specs does
the bord has ?

Wouter (who just ordered two Asus A8V (and is hoping those will work
fine :P)