Subject: Re: making firefox LP64 clean
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Schanen <microvilii@yahoo.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 11/26/2004 12:47:45
--- "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
<wolfgang+gnus20041126T103039@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> wrote:
> > After a bit of work, it compiled from pkgsrc, but when it ran, it
> > only produced blank (white) windows...
>
> Thats my experience with getting galeon to compile on the amd64.
> After a bunch of fixes to get it to compile you still need to find
> all
> the run-time problems.

firefox-gtk2 built from pkgsrc works for me with the latest unsupported
2.0, but Xfree has been hanging at random intervals, preventing me from
testing it fully (but it does seem to work well for the few minutes
before the system hangs).

Cheers,
Dave

=====
Attempts at mechanization of mathematics are also very important, since they
lead to a greater understanding of concepts we thought we knew (until we had
to explain them to a computer).  -Prof. Donald E. Knuth