Subject: Re: Successfull install on Tyan Thunder K8S
To: None <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: port-amd64
Date: 06/08/2004 01:21:18
Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

>> It just doesn't want to boot directly from the harddisk.
>
> There's usually a BIOS option like "Support legacy INT19 handling".  This
> needs
> to be turned on -- my Asus K8V needed it before it would boot from HD.

I saw no other INT19 related options beside "Allow option ROMs to capture
INT 19". It was already on and doesn't seem to have to do with the problem.
Wasn't INT19 used to do a reset?

However, while being there I took the chance to have a second look at the
other options and found "Use PCIIDE BusMaster". I enabled that and
reinstalled the bootcode. It boots fine now.

Bye, Chris