Subject: amd64 and wscons
To: None <port-amd64@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20040328T170643@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/28/2004 17:18:22
Are switchable screens supposed to be working on amd64?  I'm running
GENERIC and see output in my dmesg buffer indicating that 4 screens
are made, but I can't seem to switch to them.

    wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
    wsdisplay0: screen 2 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
    wsdisplay0: screen 3 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
    wsdisplay0: screen 4 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)

Exactly the same /etc allows switchable screens via CTL-ALT-Fn under
i386.  The GENERIC conf file seems to have all the same wscons stuff
active that the i386 kernel I'm running has.

-wolfgang