Subject: Re: resets under high load
To: Andreas Kahari <ak+netbsd@freeshell.org>
From: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
List: port-amd64
Date: 03/10/2004 11:47:02
On Wednesday 10 March 2004 11:30 am, Andreas Kahari wrote:

> Hmmm... I might have run into this one as well actually.  I
> first thought it was a power cut, but it was too short to be
> that and nothing else in the apartment registred it.  I was
> compiling three packages from pkgsrc and listening to a CD at
> the time.
>
> I don't really feel encouraged to try to provoke this to
> happen again... fsck reported a lot of (non-disasterous) disk
> inconsistencies.

I haven't had serious file system damage due to this, even though I have
softdeps enabled.  I'm guessing that these are mostly the recently created .o
files and such from the compilation.

If you could try to reproduce it again I'd be most greatful.  Also I'll
send-pr the issue once I'm sure that its not just me who is experiencing it.

Thanks,
skd