Subject: Re: X Crashing
To: Owen Becker <owen@careflow.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/19/2003 12:52:08
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:13:46PM -0400, Owen Becker wrote:
> I just built a release with tonights sources. Anyone getting
> random X crashes? My motherboard is a K8 Triton with the
> via chipset. Tried with both my nvidia and pci ati cards.
> XFree86.0.log just says "Caught signal 11"

Yes. This was a problem related to signal handling, that I fixed in
the meantime. Update your libc sources (specifically, everything in
libc/arch/x86_64/sys), and rebuild libc; things should be OK
afterwards. Let me know if this is the case.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/