Subject: Re: nVidia motherboards?
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: port-amd64
Date: 10/18/2003 10:22:34
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:04:35PM +0200, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 07:45:00AM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> > Hm.  If I recall, I was not offered a prompt, come to think of it.  Not, at least,
> > with the CD image.
>
> Well, there was an old problem with the bootblock where a CD boot would
> reboot immediately, but that was fixed months ago, so you shouldn't
> be seeing this.

Maybe not, but that sounds similar to what I saw:

The disk would spin for a bit.  Stop.  Then repeat.

My first impression was that it was looping through a boot over and over
again, but since I didn't have any output on the monitor, I didn't have
any way to determine that.

And I assume that this wouldn't explain the dropped video signal (unless
the signal is briefly blanked during boot; maybe when the video out is
(re)initialized it goes to no-output state for a while?).