Port-alpha archive

Multia hardware problems

Hi,

I have a Multia which has never worked since I obtained it. I know that the clock battery has been dead the whole time, someone replaced it with a CR2430 which is in rough shape. Will these machines start at all without a working battery?

Furthermore, it really looks like there should be something between the external power button and the PSU's power switch, but that's completely gone on mine.

I'm almost certain I'm going to at least have to recap the PSU. Has anyone already done so to theirs, and if so, could you send the cap list?

Thanks,
Vivianne