Port-alpha archive

Re: Trouble booting 9.2 on Alpha Jensen

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> writes:

>> On Jan 2, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Istvan Gyenes <igyenes%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I have made some builds and I see the following:
>> 02/08/2021 sources (9.99.87) are booting fine, but 09/08/2021 (9.99.88) fails to boot.
>> If you have the time to have a look at what has changed that would be awesome.
>
> Quite a build range.  Don’t suppose you could binary-search those dates to narrow it down a little?

Maybe.  First step is to use ISO8601 date formats, yyyy-mm-dd.  Then we
can be sure we are using the same dates, vs euro/us confusion.   I'm
guessing this is August 2nd and 9th....

(gdt, who has no Alpha hardware, but remembers using NetBSD on an
AXPpci33 or something like that at BBN in the late 90s.)