Port-alpha archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

On 3/16/19 3:16 PM, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>>  Ahh, the old saw of "time marches on", used everywhere for decades by
>> insecure people to justify trashing everything that came before them.
>
> Oh, come on... that's not really fair at all.

  Jason I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I really think it is.
This guy strolls in here, just like he did a few months ago, having
already made up his mind that this functionality is useless and wants to
chop it out.  He dismisses every argument in favor of keeping the
functionality and just does not listen.

  NetBSD is the ONLY OS that does this.  It has been an important part
of NetBSD's flexibility and utility for decades.

  I would have less of a problem with his attitude if he would approach
it as a question, rather than as a conclusion and immediately goes into
flame mode when anyone challenges what he has already unilaterally
decided that he wants to do.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ