Port-alpha archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

> On Mar 16, 2019, at 11:09 AM, Jonathan Stone <kiwi_jonathan%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Testing is a real issue.  Anyone want to host a pmax or three?    I could be persuaded to fire one up for specific testing, but it'll take a couple of weekends, maybe more. (It's been years since I had thinwire (BNC) connectivity)

Gxemul actually does a pretty good job, and is used by NetBSD releng to do daily automated regression testing.

Although your comment about the practically of actually using one of these machines is telling ... yah, I don't have any networking gear that can connect to 10base2 anymore, either.  And for those folks with 10base5, I recall the transceivers to adapt that to 10baseT were quite expensive even when they were common.

-- thorpej