Port-alpha archive

Re: NetBSD on Digital Personal Workstation 433a

On Tue 19 Feb 2019 at 20:26:16 +0100, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> There is some variation of hardware components in the PWS. Older PWS's had a
> bug in the IDE chip. I had to replace a failing CDROM drive with an old 2
> speed SCSI CDROM because of it. Some newer PWS's have USB.

I had to build my kernels to force PIO on IDE disks. It worked after
that but it wasn't super fast. I have a vague memory of plugging in an
IDE adapter card in an attempt to get around this, but I don't recall
the result.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond