Port-alpha archive

Re: Permedia 3 and Xorg (on AXP)

coypu%sdf.org@localhost a écrit :
On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 09:16:24AM +0200, BERTRAND Joël wrote:
	I have tested with last -8 kernel and now, I obtain a kernel panic. As
crash isn't supported on alpha, I don't know where system panics. I have
tested a Matroc G450 instead of this Oxygen with the same result.

By the way, you can save the netbsd.gdb kernel generated during the
build, and open kernel dumps in gdb:

gdb /netbsd.gdb
(gdb) target kvm netbsd.63.core
0xffffffff80229535 in cpu_reboot (howto=howto@entry=256, bootstr=bootstr@entry=0x0) at /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c:674
warning: Source file is more recent than executable.

then 'bt' should give you the backtrace as well, if you're lucky.

I suppose I'm not really lucky :

# gdb netbsd.gdb
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "alpha--netbsd".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from netbsd.gdb...done.
(gdb) target kvm netbsd.16.core
invalid kernel virtual address
(gdb)