Port-alpha archive

Re: No boot on AlphaServer DS25

Has anyone else run NetBSD on a DS25 with EV68CB CPUs? I tried booting
both the 6.4 firmware version that the machine came with and the
upgraded 7.3 firmware and got the same results.

Did you see this thread?
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2013/04/23/msg000661.html
Led to no result as it seems, unfortunately.

I saw that, and that led me to updating firmware to the latest (7.3), but got the same result.

did you try a -6 build, or -5?

Not yet. I'll need some more blank CDs.

Have you tried netboot? It is not uncommon for cd drives from that era
to either have issues reliably reading cd-rw media, mechanical failure
from old age or both.

I'll give that a try, too. I already have MOP set up for netbooting VAXen.

I also saw this thread:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2015/08/02/msg019231.html

NetBSD running on DS15 and DS25 systems are discussed, so it works even if it needs some help getting installed. Did you have to do anything special to boot those systems, Naruaki?

John