Port-alpha archive

userland problem

Hello everybody

I have some weird problem with my NetBSD/alpha 6.0. The problem is
that I can only run things which are originally residing in /bin. For
example, my typical session looks like:

# ls /bin
[          csh        ed         ls         pwd        sh
cat        date       expr       mkdir      rcmd       sleep
chio       dd         hostname   mt         rcp        stty
chmod      df         kill       mv         rm         sync
cp         domainname ksh        pax        rmdir      tar
cpio       echo       ln         ps         rump.dd    test
# echo test
test
# /bin/echo test
test
# ls -la /bin/echo
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  0  8935 Dec  1 03:20 /bin/echo
# ls -la /usr/bin/cc
-r-xr-xr-x  2 root  0  285438 Dec  1 03:20 /usr/bin/cc
# /usr/bin/cc
-sh: /usr/bin/cc: not found

My install cd system is able to exec files from /bin /sbin /usr/bin
without any problems, but mount /dev/sd0a /mnt; /mnt/bin/mv doesn't
work, while chroot /mnt; bin/mv works. Moving files around only leads
to breaking them (in some cases).

Has anyone met this problem?

Cheers,
Dmitry