Port-alpha archive

NetBSD 6.0_BETA and multia wdc?

port-alpha/6446 is still in effect.  with the proposed fix [1], I can
successfully boot an install kernel onto my multia.

the trouble is, wdc* doesn't show up.  the multia FAQ [2] indicates
support was added to -current at some point, and a message from 1998 [3]
indicates that the probe for multia might need hardware-specific bits.

so far I've tested 5.1, 4.99.12, and even 2.0.3_STABLE and have struck
out.  luckily it looks like I have at least one SCSI riser in another
multia, so I'll pursue that route.

any clues?  multia SRM is BL5 V3.8-3, if that makes any difference.

[1] don't set broken_hardware in netboot/if_prom.c
[2] http://www.netbsd.org/ports/alpha/multiafaq.html
[3] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/1998/05/20/0000.html

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost