Port-alpha archive

Re: Can't get Alpha to boot...

Hi, all,

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. A few people have suggested that the SRM might be too old to be happy with a large SCSI volume. However, updating presents a problem.

The bootable CDs work, but don't have updated SRM for my model (AlphaStation 400). I can't MOP boot a firmware updater because I don't have an ethernet card which is recognized by the SRM. I tried making a bootable floppy, but could only make it using PC-DOS because I have neither VMS nor Ultrix.

So does anyone know how to update the SRM without ethernet, without Ultrix, and without VMS?

Thanks,
John Klos