Port-alpha archive

Re: xorg for alpha: it's there !

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 02:50:27PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:35:49 +0100
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> > > Nice! Those three patches should allow pkgsrc's modular-xorg-server to
> > > work too, I guess. (I used to have it working with the 1.3 server.)
> > > Does anyone know if the CS20 is able to boot with a VGA card and USB
> > > host controller installed?
> >
> > What is a CS20 I couldn't find informations about it ?
> > Or maybe you mean SC20 ?
>
> API CS20 is essentially the same as AlphaServer DS20L.

I guess the SRM would support it, if it's the same as the DS20L (my
DS20 was shipped with a PCI permedia II video card, so it works :).
But I didn't see the keyboard/mouse PS/2 ports in the brochure; so I fear
the SRM can't use anything but serial port as console. This shouldn't
prevent you from using graphics once the kernel is booted though; I use
one of my alphas this way for debug right now.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost