Port-alpha archive

Configuring a serial printer, etc...

---- Mark Ter Morshuizen <mark%itbox.co.za@localhost> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I don't think I can help you with the printing problem.
>
> I have a DEC 3000 / 600S running NetBSD and thought I was the only idiot on
> earth still running something like that. Mine's got a 175 MHz CPU with 196 Mb
> of RAM with some old 2 Gb disks. What's yours?

DEC 3000M700S with 196mb RAM, 4 gb disk, and an Apple CD-ROM to liven things
up.
I have a turbochannel graphics board that I might install (if and when I can
find an appropriate mouse and keyboard.)

I first installed NetBSD in 2003 after playing with VMS for a while.  It's been
my first experience as a UNIX Sysadmin and the learning curve has been pretty
slow going.

I love the DEC systems, and I'm starting to get used to the UNIX environment.
Glad to hear that someone else is still running the original Alpha hardware.

--
Micheal H. McCabe
mhmccabe%alltel.net@localhost