Port-alpha archive

Re: I2O on sparc64 [Also on alpha] (Was: Re: mlx on sparc?)

You mean it is now in -current?
I'll give it a try later this week.

Cheers
        Oskar

Am 14.09.2008 um 20:16 schrieb Michael L. Hitch:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:

DMA on sparc64 goes through the iommu, so bus addresses have usually no
similarity with neither kernel VA nor kernel PA. Not using
bus_dmamap_alloc/load would certainly guarantee the driver to not work on
sparc64.

It was using bus_dmamem_alloc() and bus_dmamap_load(), but was using the address from the bus_dmamem_alloc() rather than the one from the bus_dmamap_load(). I've committed the change, which makes it work on the
alpha, and should now work on sparc64.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant