Subject: Re: Replace AS200 power supply with ATX?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Anders Hogrelius <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/25/2007 22:00:39
  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.

Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE

Yes, you're quite right. The positive supply to the CMOS or NMOS circuits=
is called VDD and the negative or ground VSS or GND. According to=20
"Application-Specific Integrated Circuits" by by Addison Wesley Longman,=20
Inc it should be VDD and VSS in upper case letters rather than Vdd or Vss.

As the CMOS circuits normally use a +5V supply I'm pretty sure that the=20
connectors marked VDD should be connected to the +5V wires from the ATX=20


Anders Hogrelius, MSc
Senior Exploration Geologist
TM Resources AB (Tumi Resources ltd)
Dr Christinas v=E4g 13
SE-733 36 Sala

Phone: +46 (0)224 77820
Cell phone: +46 (0)70 677-0210

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, der Mouse wrote:

>>> - what is "VDD"?
>> don't know.
> Almost certainly one of the power supply voltages, more canonically
> spelled "Vdd".  It's the drain-facing voltage, in much the same sense
> that in TTL Vcc is the collector-facing voltage.
> I can't remember offhand what voltage it normally is.
> And, of course, this is a generic guess; if anyone knows that in this
> particular context it means something else, please, correct me!
> /~\ The ASCII=09=09=09=09der Mouse
> \ / Ribbon Campaign
> X  Against HTML=09
> / \ Email!=09     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B