Subject: Re: Multia woes
To: None <netbsd.org!port-alpha@solgatos.com>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/05/2007 17:49:20
> Sounds like power connector problems.
>
> See item number 7 at
> http://webpages.charter.net/dbarnes3367/PC/Multia/hacf.html
>
> "7. The thin tin-plated power connector can overheat, ...."

Yes!  Thank you!

I've never noticed the connectors being warm, much less hot.
(Unlike pretty much everything else in the box...)  The plastic
is not discolored or deformed.  However, the spring like connectors
have apparently lost their springiness and no longer make good
contact with the pins on the board.  This is visible looking into
the end of the connector.  I swapped out the base and P/S, and it
has been running for over 24 hours.

Any suggestions as to where to find high quality connectors?
No point in replacing them with the same low quality parts.