Subject: Re: NetBSD INSTALL kernel and Multia IDE controller [wdc0]
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/2007 21:31:18
On Apr 11, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Professor Moriarty wrote:
> @ Dave: Having tried to write a sendmail.cf once and moving to Postfix
> instead, I feel your pain as well. Oh and my proper name is Vasily
> Ivanov.

   It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Vasily.

   After having run several large sendmail-based mail servers in the
1990s and been nearly driven to insanity as a result, I moved both my
network and that of my employer to Postfix some years ago, and swore
never again to touch sendmail.  I changed jobs recently, and I'm now
replacing several large and very old sendmail-based mail servers with
Postfix.  Unfortunately, I'm not yet ready to replace this particular
one (it's a few machines down the list) but I have to keep it running
in the meantime.  It is nothing short of infuriating.

   I'm sorry that I cannot offer any advice toward the solution of
your problem.  I have used a great many Multias over the years, but
none recently, and sadly those bits seem to have rotted in my
brain...perhaps as a result of sendmail.cf exposure.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL