Subject: Re: NetBSD INSTALL kernel and Multia IDE controller [wdc0]
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/2007 23:10:47
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Dave McGuire wrote:

> Wow, what a great attitude, and what a convincing name to boot.  I predict a
> great deluge of assistance in your direction.
>
> Not.

With the risk of starting a flame war... Give the dude a break. His
objections were valid as none actually answered his question but gave
answers to questions he never asked. Everyone on this list aren't hard
core kernel hackers or even programmers and my opinion is that no
question is too stupid. The guy actually points to what seems to be a bug
in the code or in the documentation, booting off floppy and having the
root on a disk hooked up to the built in IDE in a Multia seems to be a
valid config to me... Scaring the guy off the list by being sarcastic
does not serve any higher purpose... He may have shown a bit of an
attitude but so would I when noone atually bothers to read what the
question actually was about. It is better to tell him that "well this
seems like a bug but we don't know why it occurs." instead of just blowing
him off. And even if he may have shown impolite language on the list it's
no reason to be sarcastic...

Pheew...The lurker on the list has spoken... Anyway, I'll try to help the
guy...

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Wed 04/11/07 at 1:54PM PDT

Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point.  Men become
insensitive.
 		-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius